The Kerr - Carpenter - Haigis House: The Structure We Lost
This is the L.P. Faught house which was built in 1874 and sat on Central Street at the corner of Howard Avenue (the Carpenter-Kerr-Haigis house in the next house on the right in this photo.) Lemuel Porter Faught was a department head in the Union Straw Works and later became a principal in the Straw Works; Lemuel passed away in 1887 and his wife Louisa Mills Faught remained in the home until she passed in 1906.
Later the home was purchased by E.H. Bristol who co-founded the Industrial Instrument Company--the company later purchased Standard Gauge and later the entire organization was renamed The Foxboro Company. The home later saw use as the Van Dora Nursing Home and during this period a new brick wing was added to the right of the original home. While the adjacent Kerr-Carpenter-Haigis house was saved, the size of the Faught house (three stories as opposed to two) made a potential move more difficult and costly.
During the late Summer of 2006 demolition started on the L.P. Faught home.
The home in its final moments.
Gone but not forgotten.
Please check back for updates - This page last updated 03/24/2018
Images appearing on this website may not be reproduced in any manner without express written permission from the Foxborough Historical Commission.